Sunday, July 17, 2005

Stupidity is inherent in humans

Every single day I witness, or hear about an act of stupidity. What gets me the most is when you give someone specific instructions to do something and they interpret that as "blah, blah, blah, I'm going to do it my way." Usually I just sit back and watch them do it their way and mess up. We humans learn better when we base our actions on experience. For example Junior knows the stove is hot because he already burned his fucking finger on it.

Granted I am not setting myself apart from the human species. I am merely making a point that we far to often ignore stupidity is inherent in humans. I've told my friends a million times to have a desingated driver. I've told them even after their first DUI/DWI. I've sat back and watched my friends date people (as they watched me) that treated them like garbage and they would keep going back to them. I have recently been carried out of a bar because I apparently felt I could drink anything and everything (not the first time either).

It does seem that a lot of the time stupid behavior is performed for mere enjoyment. That's why when I see this behavior I just sit back and relax and enjoy the show. My friends in Austin know exactly what I'm talking about (darth mahl trophy/mega man trophy). Fireworks come to mind when I think of stupid behavior. I know I've almost burned my hand off because I was being stupid with fireworks.

Supposedly we learn from our mistakes. Supposedly we only watch our friends date the wrong person a few times. Hopefully our friends, or those around us accept our advice, or at least commentary on the stupid situations that arise. However, I must maintain my position that regardless of what we (the observers) try to do, human's will ultimately make up their own damn minds and stupid decisions will follow. So sit back and enjoy the show.

LT

6 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pssst, it may be beneficial to your cause to spell witness with only one T.

stupid behavior is almost always the result of 1 of 3 possible catalysts:

1)booze
2)pussy, or lack thereof
3)retardation (possibly induced by long-term booze intake)

of course, extreme stupidity occurs when the catalysts are allowed to act in conjunction with one another and compound their respective effects, which is why more often than not, our house was the greatest place on earth. we win.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger John Landry said...

true dat brotha, each of those factors combine to form Cody the drunken frat boy, Bass and the crock pot of yummy goodness, and desperate for anyone to touch his happy spot vince. i'll make the grammatical corrections now.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given the long and extensive study I've been undergoing in Austin, mainly at the aforementioned Chi Phi house...I feel that any of us (bruthas) are inclined to proclaim ourselves "experts" in this aspect of human existence.

I agree, though, with brutha vince in that those are the 3 main catalysts for stupid behavior, though, the 4th is more illusive, that being those that were scrapped from the bottom of the gene pool (sorry Dice).

Some day we will all have 40 or so years to reflect back on all the stupid things in our life, but for me, I think the best of my stories will always begin with, "so one time, at a this party at the house..."

Love me.

Cartman

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger John Landry said...

well said, i believe if we put all of our stories in a book entitled "So one time, at this party at the house....." we wouldn't have to beg alumni for money.

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we would have to beg wally to represent us if we made that book

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger John Landry said...

wally would probably add a chapter of his own

 

Post a Comment

<< Home