Wednesday, September 14, 2005


BEING CHEESY IS OK

As many of us these days have a significant other this topic has become more and more of something worth mentioning. I'm sure at one point, whether or not you were joking or being serious, you said something to your significant other that came out really cheesy while trying to be romantic.

I'm standing up and saying don't be ashamed of your comment!
Don't try and back track and say something else!

What you said was probably how you felt at the time and that doesn't need to be fixed. We all do it and feel stupid afterwards, but if your significant other is worth a damn they will see past the cheese and see the real meaning behind your words.

As a typical guy I have a little bit being poetic and often find myself saying things that resemble a line I heard in a movie. Other guys use song lyrics. I'm no poet, in fact I'm probably the furthest from it. Women have an easier time expressing themselves than we do.

Gentlemen, this is ok! In fact this is a good thing!

A women who isn't afraid to show their emotion means she trusts you with those emotions. I know sometimes it can be hard to accept those emotions, especially during football season, but listening will go a long way when she's watching the E! channel and you are in the mood.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, even though your significant other is using a cheesy line to express their feelings to you, accept it for the meaning behind it and give them a kiss in response. No other action is needed. Bring on the cheese.

LT

5 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't use cheesy lines. I'm smoother than goose shit.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Goose shit! Fucking hilarious.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that how you really see it? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

whew!

John, yes. Making cheesy remarks in the heat of a moment is okay, but wouldn't it just be a whole lot easier to just, I dunno, say what you feel instead of trying to come up with a line?

just a thought...

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you say it in Spanish it's quesoy

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger John Landry said...

what? you know i don't speak spanish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home