Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I salute you, person who works out in shopping areas........

I was sitting at a coffee shop in Seattle (I'll let you guess which one) that was a part of an enormous shopping "village" this past Sunday. It was a nice day so I decided to sit outside. While drinking my over priced coffee I glanced up at a woman heading my direction. Her arms were moving with a stern purpose, but she was not jogging, she was "speed walking." As she zoomed past me going a fierce 3mph I thought of her mental process in choosing this "village" shopping center as the best place to get her workout. Not long after that I saw a guy just kind of running through the same area without his shirt on. I bet it made all the ladies day to see that hairy man run past with his cool sunglasses and very short shorts. When the woman made her 3rd lap past me I decided to get up and leave and dedicate a blog entry to her.

We have all seen it in one form, or another. My favorite is the group of elderly women that do laps in shopping malls. Don't get me wrong, I fully endorse people exercising for a healthier life. Especially in our society. I just think some people should stay fully clothed and stay away from areas where we all eat, drink, and shop.

Now for the fun part. Here's my list of adjectives/characteristics of these fortunate few.

attention whores, way too comfortable with their bodies, usually like short/small/tight clothing, thinks less clothing is better, equates public sweating to flirting, sometimes brings a shirt just so they can let it hang from their shorts (in an effort to say "I'm working out so hard and I didn't have a choice, but to take off my shirt because I ran so far and I'm so hot"), the guys who completely shave their chest, they think wearing a hat backwards is somehow "cooler," they have a subscription to either women's health or men's health, they always drink orange juice in the morning, they have a subscription to both ikea and crate & barrel catalogs, they only shop at the gap, they can't be seen without sunglasses during the day, they jog and run in place at a traffic lights, they think they look good in spandex (this ain't true for anybody unless you are a centerfold), arrogant, yuppie, wannabe yuppie, prefer to meet the opposite sex at clubs and the gym, and finally they are the type that will go to Starbucks right after completing their workout.

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, don't hate. i run at the mall all the time. schhhhnot.

i can see the appeal for old people. it's like joining a gym to walk on the air conditioned track, except it's free.

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its the phermones that get the dudes chicks. Everyone knows that's what sweat is for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home